To follow on from my maternity ‘what’s hot and what’s not’ I have jotted down my tips for maternity shopping.
- If like me you live in jeans, buy a couple of pairs of maternity jeans – Topshop’s would be my recommendation, you will live in these and they are perfect for the first week or so after baby arrives (they currently have some in the sale!)
- Invest in a range of stretchy long cami tops in different colours, these are great for going under everything, and they stretch with your bump. H&M and Primark are the best and cheapest (£3-£4 each), and they go back to their original size once washed
- Get under the bump bottoms for summer and over the bump for winter. Also over the bump are better for when your bump is larger
- Have leggings ready for post-baby they are by far the most comfortable, and jumper dresses can be a life saver
- Patterns and black are the best for hiding or disguising your bump
- Invest in some good flats and flip flops, I went through two pairs of Havaianas when pregnant as I lived in them, great for swollen feet too
- Not everything has to be maternity, you can just buy larger sizes of normal clothes, then wear them post-baby with a waist belt
- Primark underwear is perfect for mums-to-be. I will be doing a post soon about underwear options! Also Primark have just released a maternity range so might be worth checking out
- Lots of people told me to invest in spanx, as apparently everything will be like jelly! As much as this was true, after giving birth the last thing I was worried about what getting in to some spanx!
I’d really like to hear any tips you have or advice you can offer for others currently looking to revamp their maternity wardrobe.